Although riding a motorbike is fun, there is a certain amount of risk involved. Our citizens treat traffic regulations and strict driving behaviour with extreme laxity. This significantly raises the likelihood of getting into a bike accident in India. You must exercise particular caution when riding a motorcycle since, unlike four-wheelers, you have no means of protection in the event of an accident.
There are two different types of bike insurance policies available:
- A third-party motorcycle insurance policy is the bare minimum required by Indian law. A third-party bike insurance policy shields you from all obligations if you injure or kill a third party, damage their property or vehicle, or damage their vehicle. Any damages to your own car are not covered by this type of insurance plan. *
- Comprehensive Cycle Insurance: This policy includes coverage for both your own vehicle and third parties, providing all the benefits of a third-party policy. Your bike will be covered by comprehensive insurance if it is stolen or suffers damage from a natural disaster. *
Documents needed in India to file a bike accident claim
These are all the paperwork you will require to file an insurance claim in India if you are involved in a bike accident.
- Owner’s licence for a vehicle
- A copy of the bike’s insurance policy certificate
- Identity documentation for the policyholder
- Certificate of Registration (RC) for the bike that is insured
- If filed, a first information report (FIR)
- Returned check
- If a fire brigade report was filed (only for comprehensive plans)
- Any other records that the insurer requests
How to Get a Bike Insurance Policy in India?
In the event that a third party is at fault for the accident, a third-party bike insurance plan can shield you from any resulting financial obligations. The fundamental legal necessity for riding on Indian roadways is this insurance. You should be aware, though, that your own bike is not covered by this insurance.
Choose a Comprehensive Insurance plan for two-wheelers if you’re seeking a plan with more comprehensive coverage. All the advantages of third party bike insurance are covered under this plan, along with coverage for damage to your own bike. Also, it protects your cash in the event that your bike is stolen or suffers damage as a result of a natural or man-made disaster. *
Once you’ve determined which plan with the right bike insurance premium is right for you, visit the website and take the following actions:
- Enter the registration number for your bike.
- After that, you will be required to complete a brief questionnaire to assist us in better understanding your insurance requirements.
- You can read the plan’s terms and conditions and purchase it now.
- You will have the choice to download a copy of your insurance policy after the payment is processed.
Points to keep in mind whenever you ride a bike in India, keep in mind the following:
- When you ride a motorcycle, you are most susceptible to injury; be aware of this and ride carefully.
- There is a reason why wearing a helmet is required. Wear it always to safeguard your body’s most important organ, not to avoid receiving a traffic ticket.
- Be cautious; your safety is in your own hands. You are not on a racetrack; you are on the road.
To ensure that the process of how to claim insurance for the bike is successful, bear the following in mind if you are hurt in a bike accident in India:
- Notify your insurer as soon as possible about the accident.
- Remember to submit an FIR; it is necessary for a successful claim to be submitted.
- Keep all of your papers close by. That will expedite the processing of your claim by the insurance.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.