BOULDER – NextCycle Colorado, a program created to enhance producing alternatives for recycled or recovered material in Colorado, will host a pitch competitiveness on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at eTown Corridor in Boulder, Colorado. All through the competition, companies trying to find to link with private investors will pitch modern suggestions from diverting plastic squander into new raw resources, to artistic uses of compost and scrap tires.
The competitiveness is the end result of NextCycle Colorado programming, which pursues artistic thoughts to make improvements to recycling and composting finish marketplaces — companies that manufacture new merchandise from recycled elements. This year’s function will showcase nine groups that spent the last 4 months receiving mentorship from marketplace leaders, issue make any difference gurus, and technological aid from Resource Recycling Devices.
“This is an thrilling time for recycling in Colorado, as we’re placing progressive initiatives in motion that have the probable to really transfer the needle and enhance recycling costs statewide,” stated Jill Hunsaker Ryan, government director of the Colorado Department of Community Overall health and Atmosphere. “NextCycle has assisted foster essential improvements from neighborhood corporations, and I seem forward to the innovative options these most up-to-date teams bring to Colorado.”
“By investing time and means into the groups, NextCycle Colorado creates more robust recycling enterprises for the state,” claimed Kendra Appelman-Eastvedt, Recycling Grants Supervisor at CDPHE. “These organizations will produce new work, goods, and products and services, and most importantly keep on the momentum towards our purpose of recycling far more in Colorado.”
The NextCycle application selects new and increasing corporations and corporations by a competitive application system, and provides price by connecting groups to sources and expertise essential to access a level where they are all set to obtain investments and employ their thoughts. NextCycle groups have been awarded in excess of $1.5 million in Recycling Methods Economic Prospect program grants from CDPHE due to the fact the program’s inception in 2018.
The groups that will be showcased 2022 pitch level of competition consist of:
- An early-stage group consisting of National Renewable Vitality Laboratory scientists Kevin Sullivan and Mikhail Konev, who are establishing a new technological innovation to transform plastic squander into usable raw resources for producing.
- Colorado Earth, centered in Golden, is a regional company of sustainable creating products produced from leftover and squander quarry elements and other recycled products.
- Compost Queen has a hyperlocal compost operation in Fort Collins. They companion with spot farms to compost household foods squander by means of hauling and processing, and also present educational products and services to the group.
- Delta Brick and Weather Firm, found in Montrose, works by using sediment from the Paonia River and recycled glass to make eco-friendly setting up materials for Colorado’s developing population.
- Docupots generates 100% recyclable and compostable seedling pots from article-client recycled paper in Sterling.
- Components Mountain Compost is a rural composting operation in Salida. They divert and method organic and natural products for people and enterprises.
- RepEATer is a reusable container company based mostly in Boulder that companions with eating places and food stuff supply companies to lower squander and expenses.
- T2GR (Tires To Eco-friendly Recycling), based mostly in Hudson, transforms scrap tires into rubber for athletic fields, molding, and other makes use of.
- Trash Panda develops ground breaking products in Aurora with 100% recycled plastics in the rapidly increasing activity of disc golfing.
“Colorado NextCycle supports firms and businesses at each individual amount,” reported Juri Freeman, Running Principal at Resource Recycling Devices. “The condition has immense entrepreneurial expertise, and the Pitch Competitors is the prospect to elevate the teams and choose their organizations to the upcoming stage.”
Bolstering NextCycle’s attempts is a new legislation approved earlier this month that will make Colorado’s first Circular Financial state Progress Center, which aims to empower Colorado corporations to develop products making use of resources that Coloradans recycle. The centre will enable CDPHE reach its commitment to expanding how a lot residents are recycling throughout the point out.
The Colorado NextCycle pitch competitors is free and open to the general public. Traders, funders, enterprise and community leaders, media, and anyone interested are invited to attend.
Remember to visit Colorado NextCycle Pitch Competition for extra facts, or to sign up to go to.
For much more facts on Colorado NextCycle programming, you should take a look at the Colorado NextCycle internet site or email [email protected].